After establishing himself in his home land of New Zealand, Shanta and his art now grace the shores of Australia. Shanta brings with him his unique style that incorporates influences from nature and a playfulness that brightens the many walls that his art adorns.
Already a graphic designer, Shanta moved into the realm of street art and stencils, making his brightly coloured, eye-catching mark in the hot spots of Sydney with commissioned stencil pieces.
A love of photography and travel combine to create some of Shanta’s most impressive works. His travel stencils took images from real life and turned them into real art, focusing on the human element. These stencils capture moments and people in far away lands and Shanta brings them to life through his talented stencils.
Shanta’s career as an artist is only set to rise with an already impressive portfolio and commissioned street stencils. Shanta’s passion for his work and love of slamming out stencils on sunny afternoons will see him expand throughout the country. Shanta is the artist to watch.
- by Jolene Ogle
• Analog - Tortuga Studios - Group Exhibition - Australia 2012
• Painting Grounds - Tortuga Studios - Group Exhibition - Australia 2011
• Australia Stencil Art Prize - The Outpost Project - Cockatoo Island, Australia 2011
• Day of the Dead - Tortuga Studios - Group Exhibition - Australia 2011
• ONE X ONE X ONE - Lo-Fi Collective Sydney, No Vacancy Gallery Melbourne & 19Karen Gallery
The Gold Coast - A Three Sixty Project Skate Deck Exhibition Australia 2011
• Easy Speak - Tortuga Studios, Australia 2011
• Interwoven III, Design Institute of Australia, Gaffa Gallery - 2011
• Sidewayz Art Exhibition - The National Grid Gallery, Australia 2011
• Expo for Mattia - Naples, Italy 2011
• Australian Stencil Art Prize - Oh Really Gallery, Australia 2010
• Nocturnal Dreaming - Plump Gallery, Australia 2010
• Still Life - An Art Auction Fundrasier for FBi Radio, Art Gallery of NSW, Australia 2010
• Beware Mortality - The Wall, World Bar, Australia 2010
• Australian Stencil Art Prize Finialist 2010
• Made In Sydney - The Wall, World Bar - Viewers Choice Prize Awarded 2010
• Solo Show - Corridor Bar, Australia 2010
• Shanta Stencils with Love & Hate Clothing - Group show - 7th Chamber Gallery - New Zealand 2009